- red, pink and purple construction paper
- googly eyes
- red and pink craft foam sheets
- Fold construction paper in half (horizontally).
- With your pencil, draw half a heart.
- Cut along the pencil line and unfold the paper to open the heart.
- Cut out strips from the purple, pink and red construction paper that are less than half an inch in width and between 5 and 6 inches long.
- Starting at one end, bend each strip over less than half an inch. Then, turn the strip on the other side and bend the already folded part up again, less than half an inch. Continue doing this until you reach the end of the strip. The paper should resemble the folds of an accordion.
- Have child glue the two eyes onto the heart shape first.
- Let them choose a pink or red mouth, then cut one out of the foam, and have them glue it on.
- Let them choose the colours of their heart's arms and legs.
- Glue the arms and legs on.Glue the end fold on each strip only, to the sides and bottom of the heart.
- Ask child where they want to place their adorable Valentine's decoration!