Friday, November 18, 2011

Pots + Pans + Kids Make a Band!



The kids rediscovered the joy of pots and pans this week.....ummm....and my boot, apparently. Actually, you may notice the shoes scattered about in the background. This is a battle I choose not to have with the kids. They love to play in the closet. (B. demonstrates this for you in the video.) The shoes get completely disorganized as Dan, my husband, can attest to when trying to find two matching shoes in the morning before leaving for work! A little spillage is only natural.

Oscar, the newest and youngest member (at 10 months), loved playing in the band too. Rock on!


We played in the leaves at High Park one day. I was hoping the leaves would still be carpeting the ground, and that we could rake them into our own piles. Alas, High Park is really good at cleaning these leaves up, and they were all concentrated in a few giant mountains. I don't think the kids minded.


Nope, I don't think they minded at all! Lucas and Maya came with Marlaine to join in the fun.


The kids used the little rakes we brought, even though they were completely unnecessary. I had to watch them closely, since sticks of any kind can easily turn into weapons, whether intentional or not!


Oscar arrived one day this week in this tough-boy outfit. You can see the over-sized hat, but what you may miss is the biker vest. Embroidered on the back is a snake coiled around a tiger. No doubt he was trying to send the older boys a message: Don't be fooled by my size. I may be small, but I am mighty! I'm pretty sure he was also wearing either his "Kiss" or his "ACDC" onesie underneath. I think the big boys got the message (although the pacifier didn't help his case).


Noah and B. worked hard one morning, putting all the upper case ABC's in order. They discovered which letter was next by singing the alphabet song. Noah loves the alphabet and knows all his letters, but I was pleasantly surprised to see how much B. knew, considering that English is his second language. 


When we finished with the capitals, we put all the lower case letters in their appropriate spots, underneath. They were both completely focused on this activity, and it wasn't a quick one! Noah begged to do it again, but it was time for snack.


Marlaine organized one last going away party, for the kids. She treated us all to a morning of fun at High Park Family Fun Place. It was our very last day with Lucas and Maya. As I write this blog, they are sailing across the ocean to England!


The kids had a blast! I've only taken Noah there once, and it was so long ago that he doesn't remember. They explored all the toys, and mastered most of the playground. They even wanted to try the monkey bars, which Marlaine and I helped them with.


The boys especially loved the plasma cars. They don't quite know yet how to rotate the steering wheel to make the car go, but this didn't seem to slow them down! 


Maya's favourite activity by far was playing dress-up. Marlaine would help her get into an outfit, and then Maya would come find me to show it off. When I asked to take a picture of her in her witch costume, she marched right over to the gorilla again to pose. Because I had taken another picture of her here, I guess she though this was the 'photo shoot' area. What a model!


As she did not stray from this activity, eventually everyone came to join her. Here she is, the diva with Buzz Lightyear - I mean Aidas! How adorable is that?!


Marlaine had pizza and cheese bread delivered to the play centre for lunch. It was delicious. Then we let the kids play a little while longer before we finally had to drag them home for naps. 

I can't believe we won't be seeing Lucas and Maya anymore. I hope that in this computer age, the kids will connect with each other when they're older. Even if they don't remember a lot about their time together by that point, at least they always have this blog to remind them!


No comments:

Post a Comment