I originally got this idea by taking "this and that" from different cookie recipes. Then I continued to change the recipe so much as I went along that I think I can now safely call it my own.
- 1 stick of butter (1/4 of pkg.)
- 4 teaspoons of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 3 cups of flour
- orange food colouring (mix 12 drops of red with 10 drops of yellow)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- chocolate chips
- pumpkin or circle shaped cookie cutter
- spray oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly spray a cookie sheet with oil.
- Mix soft butter with a fork until it's fluffy.
- Add sugar, egg, milk, vanilla, and food colouring. Mix well.
- Mix in the flour, salt and baking powder until well blended.
- Roll the dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Cut out shapes using the cookie cutter, and carefully place them onto the cookie sheet.
- Use the chocolate chips to make faces.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes.
*Makes about 12 cookies.