- red and white pipe cleaners
- Hold a red pipe cleaner and a white pipe cleaner side-by-side, to make sure that the ends of both are level.
- Wind one pipe cleaner around the other until you get to the ends. If there is still some left of one of the pipe cleaners, cut it off to make the tops level.
- Cut the entire pipe cleaner spiral in half to make 2 smaller candy canes.
- Bend each spiral near the top until you get the shape of a candy cane.
- Hang them on the tree.
*This just might be the easiest craft I have ever written about! Just be careful with the little ones, since pipe cleaners are sharp on the ends. The 3-year-olds could follow the instruction of holding it by the middle, and not touching the ends. But we agreed to place them high on our tree and keep them there for the safety of our 1-year-old.