Thursday, June 11, 2015

Puddle Play


We finally got a chance to get muddy and wet this week! Often, the puddles dry up before we go out, or it is too cold of a day to play in the rain. But on Monday it was warm and rainy, and perfect!



We brought out bath toys (including rubber duckies) and little plastic aquatic creatures, including of course, fish.


We all (yes, even me) had our rain coats AND our rain pants on. Marcus's rain suit (which doubles as a Hazmat suit) didn't do much to keep him dry. I guess there's only so much a rain suit can do when you are literally sitting in a puddle. :)


But like I say, it was warm, and we were able to come right in afterwards and change into some nice dry clothes. The kids had a blast!



I encouraged the kids to play in the muck, and succeeded in interesting Tom!





It was a big clean up, but well worth it! I'm a big promoter of playing in the dirt, muck, or in puddles, as long as the water hasn't been sitting more than a day. The dirtier the better! Dirt is VERY good for kids. Get the word out! ;) See past post here.












I love these pictures of beautiful little Dea in her red rain pants!


Forgot to post this pic from last Friday, when I panted Tom as Spider Man!


We went for a walk this week and passed by this swing. The kids have swung on it before. It is a tree swing on a boulevard on High Park Avenue. I think it's fantastic that someone put it there. Community service! 





My silly girl, making silly faces. :)



And here are the babies playing in the dirt in a more conventional way. ;) It's all good!


No comments:

Post a Comment