Monday, May 6, 2013

High Park Cherry Blossoms 2013


As of the May 4/5 weekend, the cherry blossoms in High Park have, well, blossomed! Although they are located in a few different places within the park, the best spot, hands down, is the steep hill, leading from the road (right by the Grenadier Restaurant) to Grenadier Pond. This is at the southwest side of the park.



As we headed over to see them on Sunday, I felt very lucky that we are a quick walk from High Park. This was NOT something you would want to drive to, especially on a weekend. I don't ever remember seeing the park this busy, although we have never been to see the blossoms on a weekend, so I guess that just added to the mayhem!


They were very beautiful. Leila was squawking happily in her stroller, so I guess you're never too young to enjoy their beauty.


A lot of people were admiring Leila's beauty too. Some people asked permission to take a photo of her, some did not. She's my little cherry blossom!


 Here she is trying to grab the camera from me. She had had enough of the paparazzi!

I hope you get a chance to see the cherry blossoms. They're only here for less than a week. But if you go, expect quite a crowd. It's just one big sakura party!

No comments:

Post a Comment