Friday, July 2, 2010

O Canada


Happy 143rd birthday Canada! Dan and I were determined to do something a little more fun than what we did last year: attending Gerrard Kennedy's picnic in High Park. What beautiful weather we had for this year's Canada Day, which made it all that much more enjoyable.

Noah loved watching all the different boats go by and the airplanes land at the Island Airport. Here's one of the ships from the Tall Ships exhibit that is going on (until July 4th).

Noah actually sat on my lap in the ampitheatre for about half an hour, listening to Jim Galloway play jazz, and sipping his water while mommy and daddy sipped a beer! He clapped and said "Yey" at the end of each song. 

Later on in the day, Noah's big brother Jacob (also known as Babop, BeepBeep, Beefy, Bacee) biked over to Harbourfront to join us. As you can see, they are very close. Lots of love there.

After a nice dinner at Il Fornello, we went back to the ampitheatre to watch Sarah Slean. Noah was so exhausted by this time, without a proper nap. He finally fell asleep when she was singing "Day One". And it was ironic because as I looked at him falling asleep in my arms, his face just looked just like it did when he was a little baby. I felt a little sentimental, like I was taking a look back to 'day one', or at least the early days of his life. So beautiful.

Exit sentimentality, enter cool rock and roll band. Have you heard, or better yet, have you seen The Sadies? The main guitarist is unbelievable! I don't think I've ever seen anyone play guitar like that!
Here is Harbourfront's website, in case you are interested in going. http://www.harbourfrontcentre.com/ Their kids' programs are for children aged 5-12.

2 comments:

  1. Love the pics!


    Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog.
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Veronica! I like your blog too. I'm pretty blown away by that Noah's Arc cake! Wow!

    ReplyDelete