Friday, May 13, 2016

Our New Group!


Pinch me - am I dreaming? Or are we finally out of snow suit season?! Yessss! 


Maryam was having so much fun on the swings, I tried to capture a few shots of it. They didn't quite work out the way I thought they might, but they are artsy anyway, so I'll keep 'em! (That's a  sticker, by the way -  one of a few that Amadea helped decorate her face with.)



Drew doesn't take any chances on the hill at Lithuania Park. He turns around and starts backing up a few feet from the edge of the hill. I am delighted with this commitment to safety! Okay, it's not quite "commitment", because every 5th time or so he'll head for the hill straight on, just to keep me on my toes.



The kids still love to play Hide and Seek, especially Leila. Amadea, as always, was working on her climbing skills.


I love that she inspires Leila to try new things. She really tries to help Leila to learn new athletic skills. I just love seeing this, because I had a friend just like Dea when I was little, and it made my life so much brighter. Good, close childhood friends are essential to happiness, in my personal opinion. Oh, and speaking of personal opinions, I have grouped all my 'thought pieces' on caring for children together in my "Pages" section of the blog. As I went back through the old posts, I had to leave some out; my opinions have changed a little. For example, I don't think time-outs are as effective as I once thought they were. Don't get me wrong - they are necessary at times. In that "Time-out" post I also recommended 1 minute per age of the child. Leila has blown that protocol out of the water, as her little 4-year-old self sometimes requires 30-40 minutes to calm down. Meanwhile, the other kids barely ever need a time out. Anyway, that's just an example. One of my posts was about breast-feeding a toddler (Noah). I included this, since I still hold the same views, but it is a little strange to get taken back to that time!


Anyway, back to this post. Leila reflects.


I LOVE seeing all the dandelions! I know people hate them in their gardens, but do they ever look beautiful on the green grass! It causes some visceral reaction in me that takes me back to my own happy childhood.


Some random shots of us at Lithuania Park...





I know I could have just chosen one of the following photos to post, but again, there is something slightly different, and worth posting in each pic; it's Maryam's variety of gestures. :) She looks like a star on a stage, appeasing her many fans.



And Dea is growing out her bangs. Doesn't it look so pretty on her? She looks so ready for kindergarten.



Drew found this one little puddle. I was too late to stop him (which I only would have done because I didn't have him in the proper gear). So, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em (or take a few photos).



Maryam is sporting Leila's old dress. She looks lovely!


My husband asked me what I wanted for Mother's Day, and I asked for a new diaper bag, since my old one is broken. My own children are no longer in diapers, but a few of the daycare kids obviously are. Besides that, it's really a life saver when you're running a daycare. I love all the little pockets and compartments, so I can easily find things when I'm dealing with children who want or need something NOW. (Like, a quick change of clothes for Drew after he played in that puddle.) Anyway, here is the box it came in.


Leila is a robot, from planet Purolator.



Marcellus (Dea's little brother), is slowly being phased into the daycare!


He is WONDERFUL. He thinks life is AMAZING!



How can you not fall in love with him?!


He is adjusting shockingly well. He cries once in a while for his mom, but he's easily comforted by a hug. It doesn't hurt that he has his big sister at the daycare, looking out for him!



Another one of those experiences when I'm cleaning up after snack, and hear "Look, Charla!"


Yup, this is what they were up to!


In the past week or two, I feel like Drew has turned another corner. He is deliriously happy, almost all of the time. It's so great to see him so confident and content in the daycare.



I brought all 5 kids to Lithuania Park the other day, without my helper, and with some vehicles, because I love challenges. Also, when it's a beautiful spring day, anything is possible!




We started out back of our building, but decided to switch venues since some major yard work was going on near by. Leila pulled her baby in the little wagon, Maryam pushed Mickey Mouse in the stroller, and Dea rode the tricycle with Minnie Mouse on her lap. Drew and Marcellus bonded in the wagon. Before long, Maryam was also put in the wagon. She was livid with me about this, but whenever I get that even slightly nervous feeling that things are getting a little unsafe, I gotta act on it. Always better to have an angry child over one that's not completely safe! She got to walk Mickey again once we got to the park.



This little guy is so easy-going!






And don't even start me on Drew again, because my love for him just keeps growing; I feel about to burst! I've never seen a baby act so kind to another baby. They're either mean, or indifferent. And that's cool too, because that's completely normal. But Drew is special in his own right, and welcomed 'the new kid' in.


Drew gave Marcellus lots of hugs to make him feel welcome.


I think Marcellus was fond of him too. ;)


These guys are going to become best buds, I'm sure!



Leila and Noah's older siblings' mother, Joanna, gave some tiaras to Leila to share with her friends. Any time you compare Maryam to a princess, she will correct you, almost before you finish your sentence with "I'm the queen". She's awesome.



Remember those foot prints we made a month or two ago? We finally made them into birds. (It took me a while to find the craft feathers I had!)



Oh my goodness. Drew's little yellow foot print made the cutest little bird! He couldn't do much of this craft, (mostly me) but I wanted to involve him because of his increasing vocabulary, and the fact that he is interested in birds (among many other things).


They turned out great!







Today on our walk...


And I realized, this is our new gang!



So I took a few group shots of our new group. I don't know about you, but I have a good feeling about this. :)







Have a wonderful weekend!






No comments:

Post a Comment